Monday, May 30, 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange

I have neglected my poor little blog yet again! It's not that I haven't been making things (and taking pictures), I just haven't posted them. It will happen soon...but until then, let me tell you how cool the internet is! I never would have started making things as a hobby if I hadn't stumbled upon craftgawker.com. Through that site, I have found countless projects and blogs. There are so many awesome people making awesome things, and because of the internet, I'm connected to them! That in itself is pretty cool, not to mention how nice the crafting community at large is. It gets better though. One of my favorite bloggers, Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous, is hosting a handmade gift exchange. In order to participate, you email Linda your mailing address. She will then send you someone else's address (and send your address that person) and you exchange handmade gifts. There is no required skill level or price range. The only real rule is that you have to have your gift postmarked by June 30th. Last year, there were over 480 people who participated in the exchange. If you are interested in being a part of it, head on over to Craftaholics Anonymous to find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment