Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Giftables: Cabochon Earrings

I ordered some adorable cabochon bobby pins from Very Jane about a month ago. As usual, when I see something someone else has made, I thought to myself "I could probably make that!". It was kind of a wild goose chase at the beginning. I googled "cabochon" and didn't come up with much. I tried looking at Hobby Lobby and they didn't carry the flowers. I looked on amazon and ebay to no avail. Finally, I discovered that etsy has a category called supplies. That was my jackpot! I found a great seller who has tons of colors and sizes of flower cabochons and other fun jewelry making stuff for very cheap. I bought earring bases/backings and some special bobby pins at Hobby Lobby for 50% off and here is the end result.
I made these for my friend as a graduation gift. But they would be great for any occasion! I loved these particular colors so much that I made some for myself as well. This size of cabochon is a little too small for bobby pins...so of course I ordered more that are bigger : )

No comments:

Post a Comment