Friday, August 17, 2012

DIY Baker's Twine

Wow, it's been a year since I've posted anything! And what an eventful year it was. We moved twice AND found out we are having a baby. Our new place doesn't have an ideal space for crafting and I've felt so drained all the time, I just haven't really created anything. Which is sad, because I have multiple Pinterest boards filled with ideas. DIY baker's twine is one of them. I decided to ease back into being crafty, and let me tell you, this was the perfect project. Do you own tape, a ruler, embroidery thread, and markers? Can you draw sort of straight-ish lines? Then you can make your own baker's twine too! Ever since I discovered Divine Twine, I have longed to have it. It comes in so many different colors and is the perfect little addition to gift wrap or homemade cards and probably tons of other little projects. Sadly, it is super expensive and I couldn't justify spending the money. This lovely alternative is inexpensive and involves very little effort. 



And there you have it. I bought the spools at Hobby Lobby for $1.70 with a 40% off coupon. I only got four spools so for now these are all the colors I've made. But seeing as I bought a 12 pack of sharpies, there will be more colors in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment