Thursday, September 1, 2011

Branching Out

I have a really close friend who, ever since it was time to start looking into college, knew what she wanted to do. She went to school for nursing, got a job as a nurse right after graduating, and is continuing her education in that field. I, on the other hand, changed my mind a good 5 or 6 times. I've always been envious of people who know exactly what they are made to do.

I love art. I love design. I love beautiful things and I am a creative person. I want to be a curator, or an art and antiques broker, or something equally awesome that is probably equally impossible to find a job in. Lately I have been considering going back to school for Visual Merchandising, but I'm starting to think that might not be a great idea. The other thing I've been considering is opening an etsy shop. Etsy is an online marketplace for all things handmade. It seems like it could be a good opportunity for me to make money with something I enjoy doing and for which I don't need a degree.

So today, I have been doing some research and trying to formulate a business plan. We shall see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment