Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Giftables: Sugar Scrub & Mini Cal

I finally got my Stampin' Up stuff! I went a little stamp crazy. The first thing I made was a mini calendar. I found this calendar and tutorial on Blue Cricket Design.
My other project was a gift tag for some homemade sugar scrub. This is super easy, but the initial cost can be a little high. All you need is 4 parts sugar to 1 part oil and some essential oils to give it an aromatherapy scent (the essential oil is the expensive part). On my first go round, I used baby oil. It was VERY difficult to mask the smell...you have to use a LOT of essential oil. On my second go round, I tried olive oil. Again, it was next to impossible to mask the smell. I'm still looking for just the right oil!
No matter the smell, this stuff is great for winter skin. I use it to exfoliate before shaving and my skin is really soft afterward. Both of these make quick and easy gifts! Hop on over to Stampin' Up today so you can make adorable gifts too!

No comments:

Post a Comment