Saturday, August 28, 2010

Favorite Things: Honey, Honey, Food for the Bees

Well, actually not just food for the bees. In addition to being a delicious way to sweeten up tea and lattes, honey has many health benefits. My favorite home remedy use for the sticky amber goodness? As a facial mask! After hearing about several of my friends raving about how it was clearing up and softening their skin in a big way, I decided to give it a try. I have noticed a huge difference in my skin. I usually try to cover my face and leave the honey on for 20-30 minutes every other day. It works wonders!


It's also one of two main fragrance notes in one of my favorite perfumes: L'Occitane's Miel & Citron (or honey and lemon for you non-French-speakers). Generally when I think of that combination, it makes me think of a cold remedy. But it smells absolutely delicious. It's both tangy and sweet, but well balanced. The honey softens the lemon's citrusy tartness. It's what I wore on my wedding day, so every time I wear it, it reminds me of that day!


No comments:

Post a Comment